Every purchase helps build brighter futures
what are ReStores?
ReStores are the best-kept secret in home improvement and building supplies shopping in Kamloops. Save 30% to 90% off the retail price while funding homes for those in need. At our ReStore Donation Centres, we receive new and used furniture, large and small appliances, household goods and building materials donated by homeowners, contractors, retailers and manufacturers, and sell them to the public at greatly reduced prices.
Money raised through sales covers 100% of the cost of Habitat for Humanity Kamloops’ operations. That means that every dollar donated to Habitat for Humanity can go directly towards building homes for families in need.
Visit our ReStore and discover that special vintage, antique or retro item you’ve been searching for. You may also find that amazing deal on a gently-used, top of the line appliances, home renovation products, or funiture. The bonus is knowing that your purchase is doing good for others too!
Featured Re-Store Products
Check out these cool and unique Re-Store products we’ve selected for you!
*These products will not always be available in store.
visit the ReStore today to see what’s in store!
28-1425 Cariboo Place, Kamloops, B.C., V2C 5Z3
Donating to Habitat ReStore is a win for donors, customers, families, your community and the environment! Find out how your donations of new and gently-used home furnishings, appliances, kitchen and bath fixtures and other renovation items can make a lasting difference in people’s lives.
We are currently NOT accepting:
- Old Toilets
- Blinds or Roller Blinds/Currents
- Suitcases without wheels
- Jet Bathtubs
- Used Flooring or Carpet
- Boxes of Laminate or Hardwood flooring
- Used Paint
- Bookcase Headboards
- Used Mattress’s & Box Springs
- Dishwashers (older than 5 years)
- Old TV Cabinets / CRT TVs
- Exercise Equipment
- Fluorescent Light Fixtures / Lights
- Ballasts for Lighting
- Text Books
- Fire Extinguishers
- Baby Items
- Clothing / Bedding / Pillows / Towels
- Home Made VHS Tapes
- Wooden Bed Frames
All donations must be clean and in good working order. Items must be approved prior to drop-off or pick-up by either:
- Completing the donation form below.
- Emailing: email@example.com with a short description of the item(s) along with pictures.
- Calling the ReStore at 250-828-7867 ext.106
drop-offs & pickups
- Donations can be dropped off during store hours (9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Saturday / 10am – 4:00pm Sundays) at our ReStore located at 28-1425 Cariboo Place, Kamloops, BC.
- Donation pick-up within the City of Kamloops may be arranged for larger items such as: complete kitchens, major appliances, large sofas, dining suites, or corporate donations. To ensure your donation is acceptable, and to schedule a pick-up, please call us for more information.
NOTE: Dropping material off outside the store is considered dumping and is subject to fines.
We regret that we cannot accept all donations, and staff reserve the right to refuse items based on retail demand or storage limitations. In such cases, staff members may be able to direct you to an appropriate recycling facility or other charitable organization.
contact us today to learn how you can donate!
28-1425 Cariboo Place
The Habitat Kamloops ReStore is a donation center for building materials, furnishings, appliances, household goods, and more.
Volunteer Shift Times & Days:
Tuesday—Saturday, 9:00 AM—5:00 PM
Shifts Available – 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM or 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
(Shorter duration times are available)
ReStore Volunteer Requirements:
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Willing to learn new skills
- Follow instructions given by the coordinator and ReStore staff
- Speak English at a conversational level
- Be physically fit (adequate vision, mobility, able to lift and carry 15 pounds/7 kilograms)
- Workplace safety is ‘Top of Mind’
- All volunteers must complete a volunteer application & waiver to be turned in to Habitat Kamloops.
- All volunteers must pass a criminal record check
- All new volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation.
- On-site training is provided.
- Must love working in a fun and supportive environment!
No Experience is necessary!
As a sales staff you will help customers find what they are looking for and answer questions they might have about furniture, appliances and building supplies. You may also help price and stock shelves as well as help clean up. As a volunteer sales member, bring your cheery disposition and desire to help and chat with customers. No experience is needed but having some knowledge of home repair or sales is always an asset.
As a warehouse staff member you will help sort donations and repair furniture, appliances, lighting and small engines. Volunteers may also do reclamation work where they dismantle furniture, use our wire-stripper, de-nail lumber, remove mortar from bricks or separate and sort metal. No experience is needed, but we are always looking for handy people who have experience as electricians, furniture makers, appliance repairpersons, and have general knowledge of building supplies and tools.
As swamper you will get to ride along in our 3 ton delivery truck. You will spend your time delivering items that people have purchased from the store, or picking up items that people have donated. Being able to lift large heavy objects is very important for this position.
This volunteer position is for your creative spirit. Help us to make our sales floor look its best! Donations arrive at the sorting room and the merchandiser will sort them, clean the items, price and take them out to the floor. Displaying our donations so they look their best in the ReStore helps us to sell items quickly.
or contact us directly to learn more about volunteering with us.